09 November 2005

Moment of Clarity in Strange Times

This is highly irregular. As some may know, H.S. Thompson is one of my few heroes. I am currently reading Better Than Sex, and during Govt. class today, I read the portion of the story about the actual election. Page 181 starts after the break: "Who knows why, Bubba? November brings the hunter's moon, which always causes weirdness- especially if you happen to be a moon-child, a dope fiend and a blood-starved whore-hopper all at once." Well, anyone who can scroll down to yesterday's post can see why my brain might be a tad twisted, like rolling a bit of your jeans in between your thumb and index finger, as if to say, what the fuck? I've also been struggling as of late with the idea of college, and where I should spend the next four years or so. Well, the fat has been cut away, Mathematics be damned! Page 181 has stripped the Untrue from the True. I wrote a month ago that I was Aeneas in Book IV, well it seems I have grown into a Book VII Aeneas, oblivious to the whole happening, but I suppose that's how these things happen. One doesn't feel his hair growing, does one? Forty Licks to anyone who correctly identifies the movie from which that line is derived. I'm talking Adam Feutz most likely. Ok. Oh and Happy Birthday Jordan Schmitt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home