06 January 2006

Espionage

It wasn't treason. It turned out to be espionage. It's so clear to me now: All I know is I know nothing.

Passages of Pulses Felt

"Towards the end of the evening, however, as the wife's face grew more flushed and animated, the husband's grew steadily more melancholy and stolid, as though they had a given allowance between them, and as the wife's increased, the husband's dwindled."

"...Loving with human love, one may pass from love to hatred; but divine love cannot change. Nothing, not even death, nothing can shatter it. It is the very nature of the soul. And how many people I have hated in my life. And of all people none I have loved and hated more than her."


Midnight. Swim practice at 8. As I feel here, now, I'm strong. A degree of chiaroscuro is always necessary, even good, yet at times I know and love the shade as I should the light. I'm swimming well, yet I wish I had more time to read. The weight of the rose determines the force of the skull. Mother's bones are eternal. I never forget an insult or a kindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home