10 August 2006

Quid Pro Quo

Any endeavor in which you seek to gain will have a cost. Life is an input output system. Whether you double or triple your knowledge, strength, endurance etc... you must start with something and you must give to it. The product of zero and anything is zero.

Your car won't look good unless you wash it. Your relationship won't last unless you work on it. I could go on all day, but I have the feeling you understand my point.

There is a fantastic movie starring Col. J. Depp called The Libertine. I recommend that movie to Christians and Atheists alike. In it, there is a line or two that strikes me, but the one that inspired this post is this. "Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." - Second Earl of Rochester.

Watch the movie and let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home